SSC CGL Maths notes and Tricks
SSC CGL Maths notes and Tricks,Quantitative Aptitude section is the most important area or you can say is the deciding area for a candidate in the merit list. If you are having decent basic concepts of Mathematics, then this section will be your favorite and highest scoring section.
Candidate must be able to solve questions quickly without compromising on accuracy. To do this the candidate must learn shortcuts & tricks and do away with the descriptive approach of problem solving.
In this article we will present some important SSC CGL Maths notes and Tricks and tips to score in Quant Section of SSC CGL Exam, which will help you prepare better for Exam.
General Mistakes to Avoid while attempting Math
There are a couple of mistakes done by aspirants while attempting quantitative section in competitive exams. Let us have a look on some common mistakes:
- Not Reading Questions Completely:In quant section this is the most common mistake made by students. In hurry to solve questions faster, you don’t read questions clearly and end up making mistakes. This problem can cause frustration as even after solving the question methodically, you will not get the relevant option. And then, it becomes a herculean task to identify as to where you went wrong. Hence, read twice before you go ahead and start solving.
- Avoid Risky Shortcuts:If you have practiced a particular shortcut or trick on lot many questions during your preparation then go ahead. But, if you have just read some shortcut or any trick during last leg of your preparation, avoid using it in the exam as you do not know the conditions in which this particular shortcut can be applied. Solve the question using conventional way even if it takes more time.
- Guess Work:Absolutely avoid any guess work as negative marking is the main point to be kept in mind as far as competitive exams are concerned
Important Points to remember
- Focus on Important Topics: List down Important Topics and make sure you study those topics and practice lot of questions.
- Work on your weak Areas: It is very easy to go along well with your strong areas, but it is the best to work on your weaker areas and give it your best shot. Practice on the weak areas so that it is easy in the examination to solve them more easily.
- Go Through Previous Year Question Papers:This will help candidates to have an idea of the examination pattern. Aspirants should practice the papers during the revision time so that they can know the time limit and can practice weak areas.
- Practice is the ultimate way to succeed: The Final thing you should do is practice more and more. The more you practice the more you develop the understanding. So practice the mock papers available at the official website, sample papers and the best source is the old year’s papers.
- Don’t Overburden Yourself: It is important not to overburden yourself while preparing for the examination. This is most important requirement for maintaining focus and concentration.