Railway Recruitment Board Exams
Railway Recruitment Board is the prestigious organisation to manage the Great Indian railways by finding suitable employees to take forward the railway system of India. Now totally 21 boards are there in various parts of India. All the exams are conducted for and in various boards like RRB chandigarh recruitment, RRB chennai recruitment, RRB mumbai recruitment, RRB Kolkata recruitment, RRB Lucknow recruitment etc.
To find the best out of the lot and give a fair opportunity for everyone is the whole idea of exams conducted by RRB to appoint a successful candidate in the indian railways.RRBs conduct exams for Group C Posts like Junior Engineer, Senior Section Engineer, Assistant Loco Pilot, RRB NTPC for Non-Technical Categories,, Paramedical, Ministerial and Isolated Categories (MI) and Level 1 Group D Posts.
Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) conducts Non Technical Popular Categories (NTPC) exam to give opportunities to the aspirants from non technical background. Commercial apprentice, Goods guard, Traffic Apprentice, Traffic Assistant, Assistant Station Master etc. We will see the detailed structure about the various criteria regarding this exam.
The RRB NTPC exam is conducted basically with two stages of screening.
- The first stage is basically a Computer Based Test (CBT) is followed by a Skill Test to different categories of recruitment.
- CBT and Computer based Aptitude Test forMaster and Traffic Assistant
- CBT and Typing skill set for Junior Clerk cum Typist, Junior Time Keeper, Accounts Clerk cum Typist, Senior Clerk cum Typist, Junior Account AssistanStation t cum Typist and Senior Time Keeper.
- CBT for Trains Clerk, Commercial cum Ticket Clerk, Goods Guard, Senior Commercial cum Ticket Clerk, Commercial Apprentice.
- All these tests are accompanied with the medical tests and documents verification.
- The second stage of CBT takes place for all those who get qualified in the first stage.
Both the stages of exam consisting of CBT based on the following three subjects
3.General Intelligence and Reasoning
All those who attend the exam need a deep knowledge in all these subjects.
Exam Mark Allocation:
The total marks is 100 and is divided as 40 for general awareness, 30 for mathematics and 30 for general intelligence and reasoning.
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||30|
So the majority of marks are covered by General Awareness and it’s very important to go through topics thoroughly.
Though the exam is tough and tricky, some regular and consistent effort helps to crack the exam very easily.As general awareness is very important, more concentration should be given over those topics. Some tips are as follows
- Read Newspapers and watch News
- Read a yearbook like Manorama
- Read the periodicals regularly like Competition Success Review and Pratiyogita Darpan.
- Read articles related to Sports,Indian Literature, Transport System, Abbreviations,History and Freedom of India, Indian Political System, Science and Technology growth in India.
- Take up regular Mock Tests and evaluate yourself.
The RRB NTPC exam is conducted every year and lakhs of aspirants are looking for jobs to get into the Indian Railways. This year the exams got postponed as the RRB approached different set of examiners . The aspirants are expected to prepare well as its going to be held soon and the exams will be tough as any other government exam. There are a total of 35208 vacancies announced this year. Around 16000 vacancies are announced in RRB Chennai Recruitment alone. So the opportunity in Railways are more and job seekers can try their best to get easily in.
Click here to Buy Best Books from Amazon Store for Self Study
Click here to Buy our Yearly Test Pass just Rs.16 per month and get access to 500+ Mocks of SSC/Railways/IBPS Exams
Click here to Join our Telegram Channel for Latest Updates of All Exams
Click here to Join our Facebook page for Latest Updates of All Exams
Click here to Download out Android App and attemp Free Mocks