SSC CGL 2017 Tier-I Review and Analysis (06-08-2017)
SSC CGL 2017 Tier-I Review and Analysis (06-08-2017),Hello Friends,Today is the Second day
of the highly competitive and most popular SSC CGL (2017) Examination. SSC CGL 2017 Tier-1 exam is being held from 5th August 2017 to 25th august 2017
. In this post we are sharing SSC CGL 2017 Tier-1 (Day-2) Exam Review and analysis
. This review is prepared based on the feedback received from the candidates appeared in SSC CGL 2017 examination.
Exam Pattern : (SSC CGL 2017 Tier-1)
- Exam duration is of 60 minutes (1 Hour).
- The Total Number of Questions for the Exam is: 100
- The Total Marks for the Exam is: 200
- Negative Marking for every wrong answer : 0.50
REVIEW and ANALYSIS OF SSC CGL 2017 TIER-I (Morning Shift of Day-2) 06-08-2017
1) Timing and Punctuality:
Same as Day-1 SSC was very strict about punctuality, the aspirants reached after 9:30 a.m. for morning shift (batch-1) were not allowed.
The overall review regarding SSC Server was good. Server Speed was improved and better than previous years. But still some students faced slight lag on the software, which was ignorable.
1) Review and Analysis of SSC CGL 2017 Tier-1 (General Intelligence and Reasoning)
This is the most scoring section in the whole paper. The Paper pattern and level of questions were same as seen in previous years. A couple of tricky questions were also embedded to waste aspirants time, its better to skip such questions for later time. An attempt of 20-22 questions with high accuracy will be considered good. No surprises in this section.
2) Review and Analysis of SSC CGL 2017 Tier-1 (General Awareness – GK)
As you all know GK is a vast subject. As usual 3-4 current questions were also asked. If you are good at GK then this section will boost up your over all score. An attempt of 14-16 questions with good accuracy will be considered good. Questions from Science, History and polity were high. Don’t Assume this Section easy.
3) Review and Analysis of SSC CGL 2017 Tier-1 (Quantitative Aptitude – Maths)
This was again a scoring section. This year level of maths questions were moderate-tough. Advance maths sections were bit calculative and time consuming. Questions were not as easy as asked on CGL 2016. SSC has improved the level of questions. A few questions were piece of cakewhile some needs lengthy calculations. Attempting all questions will require more time than practice mocks sets you might have appeared in. An attempt of 20-22 questions with high accuracy will be considered good. Questions from Advance maths and percentage (%, P&L, CI-SI etc) topics were high.
P.S.: Advance Maths Calculative and lengthy
4) Review and Analysis of SSC CGL 2017 Tier-1 (English Comprehension)
English had new surprises this year CGL. There were 1-2 questions asked from Voice and narration. 5 questions from Cloze test and a couple of para-jumble questions were also asked. Vocabulary section had repeated previous questions along with some new questions. No questions
on Reading Comprehension
were asked. An attempt of 18-20 questions with good accuracy will be considered good. We suggest you not to attempt the questions you are not sure of because of negative marking.
1) Active and Passive Voice (Easy)
2) Direct Indirect Speech (easy)
3) Para-jumble (PQRS) Questions (Moderate)
4) Cloze Test (Moderate- Tough)
No Questions from Reading Comprehension (Passage)
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||Easy-Moderate||20-22|
- SSC has raised the level of questions in SSC CGL 2017 than CGL 2016.
- Reasoning is the most scoring subject while GK depends on your knowledge base and awareness.
- In SSC CGL 2016 Maths was way too easy but this time its bit calculative and time consuming (especially Advance Maths).
- Many candidates are facing scarcity of time in solving whole paper.
- This year English pattern is bit inclined on Tier-2 pattern.
- Surprisingly SSC is not asking any questions from Reading Comprehension instead Questions on Voice, Narration, PQRS, Cloze test are being asked.
- Overall SSC has improved its level and cut-off will surely fall this year due to level questions and time constraint.
Overall Maths was moderate – tough, calculative and time consuming, and English has new pattern and level is at par with CGL mains (Tier-2).
We’ll also upload questions asked in SSC CGL 2017 Tier-1 (DAY_2 06 August 2017), In Next Post.
Section wise SSC CGL Analysis 6th August 2017 (Shift 1)
#1. SSC CGL Analysis 6th August 1st Shift – General Awareness
Economics – 1 Qs – Moderate
Science – 6 Qs – Moderate
Polity – 3-4 Qs – Moderate
History – 3-4 Qs – Easy
Environment and Ecology – To be updated
Computer – 2 Qs – Easy
Current Affairs – To be updated
Geography – 3-4 Qs – Moderate
Ecology – 3 Qs – Easy
#2. SSC CGL Analysis 6th August 2017 1st Shift – General Intelligence & Reasoning
Classification – 3 Qs – Easy
Analogy – 3 Qs – Easy
Series – 3 Qs – Moderate
Paper Cutting and Folding – 1 Qs – Easy
Coding Decoding – 2 Qs – Moderate
Embedded Figure – 2 Qs – Easy
Matrix – 1 Qs – Easy
Mirror Image – 1 Qs – Moderate
Statements and Conclusions – 1 Qs – Moderate
Arithmetic Operations – 2 Qs – Moderate
Pattern Completion – 1 Qs – Moderate
Word Formation – 2 Qs – Moderate
Counting of figures – 1 Qs – Moderate
Venn diagram – 2 Qs – Easy
Missing number – 2 Qs – Easy
#3. SSC CGL Analysis 6th August 1st Shift – Quantitative Aptitude
Algebra – 4 Qs – Moderate
Profit and Loss – 1 Qs – Easy
Percentage – 1 Qs Moderate
Interest – 1 Qs – Easy
Speed Time and Distance – 1 Qs – Moderate
Tabulation – To be updated
Data Interpretation – 5 Qs – Easy to Moderate
Time and Work – 2 Qs – Easy
Mensuration – 2 Qs – Difficult
Geometry – 4-5 Qs – Moderate
Trigonometry – 4-5 Qs – Moderate
Average – 1 Qs – Moderate
#4. SSC CGL Analysis 6th August 1st Shift – English
Phrase or Idiom Meaning – 2 Qs – Moderate
Spellings – 3 Qs – easy
Error Spotting – 3 Qs – Easy
Cloze Test – 5 Qs – Moderate
Para Jumbles – 3 Qs – Easy
Synonyms or Antonyms – 3 Qs – Moderate
One Word Substitution – 3 Qs – Moderate
Sentence Improvement – 3 Qs – Easy