The Supreme Court has shown due restraint in declining to apply the provisions of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act to mentally retarded adults whose mental age may be that of a child…. For further reading, visit “The Hindu”.
Courtesy: The Hindu
- retardation (noun) – the action of slowing the progress or development of something.
- due (adjective) – proper, right/correct, appropriate.
- restraint (noun) – control, restriction, limitation.
- encompass (verb) – include, subsume, incorporate.
- compelling (adjective) – irresistible, forceful, reasonable/rational.
- interpretation (noun) – explanation, meaning, understanding.
- notion (noun) – idea/thought, belief, concept.
- domain (noun) – realm, sphere, area.
- statutory (adjective) – mandatory, necessary, essential.
- cerebral palsy (noun) – it is the the brain damage is caused by brain injury or abnormal development of the brain.
- congenial (adjective) – agreeable/pleasant, appealing, welcome.
- proceedings (noun) – (legal case/suit) activities, affairs, happenings.
- implication (noun) – consequence, result, ramification/repercussion.
- onus (noun) – responsibility, duty, burden.
- derail (verb) – obstruct, impede, hinder.