SSC exam strategy by toppers
SSC Exam Strategy by toppers.SSC is an organization floated by the Government of India to recruit candidates for various posts in ministries/departments under Group ‘B’ and Group ‘C’ cadre. There are three popular examinations conducted by SSC for candidates of various educational stages such as 10th level, 12th level and graduate level. This article is mostly about the way you should go about these exams in general so that you can get the desired job.
In this article, we have prepared the topicwise staretgy adopted by toppers to crack SSC exams. find out how books, practice tests, model papers and previous year papers are to be studied and exercised. How study notes and revising materials should be prepared.so that, you can prepare it at the last time of the examinations as well. let us check it out: –
SSC Exam Strategy: The way to crack them
In any examination, there are certain basic subjects from which questions are asked. In any exam of SSC as well, there are four sections mainly:
- General Knowledge
- Reasoning ability
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English language (Both objective and descriptive)
You have to be very strong in these subjects in order to get a job through SSC. The huge competition makes it necessary to score as high as possible in any SSC exam namely CGL, CHSL or MTS Exam. The strategy to be adopted for various major subjects is as follows:
SSC Exam Strategy General Knowledge
This section is something you need to prepare as much as possible. The syllabus is vast for GK and you need to have a very good memory to retain what you read in this subject. These are the important things you should follow for SSC GK:
- Finish the Lucent GK Book from the first to the last page. This book is like the Bible of General Knowledge for SSC Examinations. It covers all the important subjects such as history, geography, political science, economics, computer every single subject in the actual exam
- You need to go through the current affairs for the last 12 months for SSC. The questions asked from this section are mostly factual in nature. So, retaining information holds the key for you
- The most important thing regarding any SSC exam is that the questions are certainly going to be repeated from previous years. You have a book called Previous Year Questions Papers by Kiran Publication or you will also get the old question papers from online itself (SSC Portal is a good source for this). Take the papers of the exam for which you are preparing
- Revision holds the most important part in this section. So, keep time to revise the whole book once you are done.
- Do not go for more than Lucent book and current affairs can be read from daily newspapers or any standard site such as Jagran Josh CA Capsule etc. Wasting time on more than one book is definitely going to hamper your chances if scoring high in this section
SSC All Question Papers with Answer Key PDF Download Till Date
SSC Exam Strategy Reasoning Ability
It is considered as one of the most important sections in any SSC Examination. On the other hand, it is also the easiest section in this exam. You need to know the topics and the basics on those topics to have good command over this section. Here are the things that you should do to come out as a topper in any SSC Exam:
- Go for the Bible of Reasoning Ability, RS Aggarwal first. This book explains all the topics that need to be covered in one cover only. The first thing is to finish this particular book at least once.
- Practice holds the key for your good score in any SSC Exam. You will definitely be benefited if you practice more. It means first going through questions from one chapter only and after that, you should go for full length tests.
- Previous year papers must invariably be solved if you are serious about success in SSC. In this regard, it is relevant to mention that SSC certainly repeats questions. So, keep the test papers of previous years handy and practice questions from there.
- Reasoning is the easiest section in any SSC Exam. You need to have good command in all the topics only. For that, revise the chapters before one moth of the exam and try to finish the book once more. After this, your authority can never be challenged in case of Reasoning section.
SSC Exam Strategy Quantitative Aptitude
Another important section to take note for SSC exams is Quantitative Aptitude. For SSC CGL at least, you need to have good command over this section. If you are good in math and reasoning, you can crack SSC very easily since English is mostly confusing and GK being luck based completely. Here are the things that you should do in this section:
- Take the book of Quantam CAT by Sarvesh Sharma. Finish it first if you at all want to score well in Quant section.
- This section is full of formulae. You need to make notes of them while going through each and every chapter. It will help you in tracing the various formulae related to various chapters at a later date.
- Mug up formulae if you are not able to understand the logic behind it. This is because sometimes SSC questions are direct and no application of mind is required.
- Shortcuts should only be used if you are very much comfortable in it. There are already a lot of formulae and adding these tricks to it is not going to ease your burden. Better make it a habit to make fast calculations with normal formulae only.
- Make it a habit to be able to do mind calculations as fast as possible. Most of the toppers are able to do it and that saves a lot of time. It is about concentration and habit. If you start practicing it from today onwards, you will definitely be able to follow it in the exam hall.
- The law of repetition continues in this section as well. In order to reap the dividends of this, go through the questions of previous years from the Question Bank of those years. You can practice it while you are doing a chapter or else, you can also do it once you are done with the whole syllabus.You can buy Kiran’s SSC Mathematics Chapterwise Solved Papers 1999 To Till Date-English
- Practice within time limit is another important thing in any SSC Exam. For example, in SSC CGL Tier II, you will have to attempt 100 questions within 120 minutes. You must be accustomed to that time limit beforehand.
- Be positive about this section. You are certainly not going to remember all the formulae that you read. But continuous and meticulous practice holds the key for you. You are certainly going to score high if you have knowledge and sustained practice.
- For Quantitative Aptitude Recommended Books
Magical Book On Quicker Maths in English (English, Paperback, M. Tyra)
Magical Book On Quicker Maths in Hindi (English, Paperback, M. Tyra)
Advance maths for General Competitions 1 Edition (English, Paperback, Rakesh Yadav)
Ssc Mathematics 7300 Objective Questions By Rakesh Yadav
Ssc Mathematics Chapterwise Solved Papers 1999 To Till Date – Hindi
Kiran’s SSC Mathematics Chapterwise Solved Papers 1999 To Till Date-English
Click here to buy Quantam Cat By Sarvesh Verma from Flipkart
Click here to buy Quantitative Aptitude by Arun Sharma from Flipkart
For Reasoning Recommended Books
Click here to buy Reasoning by R.S. Agrawal from Flipkart
For General Knowledge Recommended Books
Click here to buy Lucent GK from Flipkart
Click here to buy Arihant GK from Flipkart
SSC Exam Strategy English Language
Most of the candidates are afraid of this section because English is not a language in which a lot of students are comfortable with. On top of that, it is the most confusing section in any SSC Exam. You are never sure of the correctness of the answer after coming out of the exam hall. You have to wait for the results to be sure of your marks in this section. However, there are certain things that you should follow in this section:
- Increase your vocabulary limit first. SSC examination checks the vocabulary part of the candidate along with your grammar. You need to have good command over subjects such as One Word Substitution, phrase replacement, idioms and phrases, homonyms, foreign words, synonyms and antonyms etc.
- Adding to that, you must have good knowledge of grammar as well since SSC often asks questions from the part where there is something unique or different from the normal rule. So, go through the basics of grammar from any standard grammar book such as SP Bakshi, RS Aggarwal, Plinth to Paramount etc.
- Repetition is a feature in this section as well. So, take the previous year papers and finish them as many times as possible. You should be able to tell the year in which a question came in SSC only by going through it. Keep in mind the answers given since sometimes, you need to choose the wrong answer as the same is given in the old answer sheet. In that case, you must not apply your logic but go by what SSC says..You can buy Kiran’s Ssc English Language Chapterwise Solved Papers 8800+ Objective Questions – English
- Reading newspapers and novels will be of great help. It helps you in understanding the sentence formation and error patterns in a sentence. In this regard, go for English novels of renowned authors such as Charles Dickens, TS Eliot, Agatha Christie, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle etc.
- Go through the exceptional rules in any grammar chapter again and again so that you never forget that in what form it comes. You are certainly going to find questions in one of the areas.
- Practice holds the key in this section as well. However, more important is knowing the exceptions and rules applicable in that case. No time based practice is required for this section as such. But you will obviously practice English along with a full length test.
- For the descriptive part in various exams, write at least a letter or an essay every day. The art of writing is to express all your idea within the word limit. This can be achieved by having a method of thinking points, jotting them down on a piece of paper followed by expression on the answer sheet.
For English Recommended Books
Click here to buy Word Power Made Easy from Flipkart
Click here to buy SP Bakshi from Flipkart
Click here to buy Plinth to Paramount 2nd Edition from Flipkart
Click here to buy A Mirror of Common Errors by Ashok Kumar Singh from Flipkart
Click here to buy SSC ENGLISH Previous Papers by MB publication from Amazon
OBJECTIVE GENERAL ENGLISH 1 Edition (English, Paperback, R. S. Aggarwal)
Kiran’s Ssc English Language Chapterwise Solved Papers 8800+ Objective Questions – English
SSC Examinations are mainly based on these four subjects as mentioned above. Apart from these, if you are applying for specialized positions such as Junior Engineer or Junior Statistical Officer etc, you need to go through a paper based on your subject. The same rule of preparation applies for that as well.
The simple thing to top SSC that requires to be followed is: Study + Revise + Practice
SSC Exam Strategy