SSC MTS Exam: Tips & Strategy Of English Section
Cick here to Attempt Free Weekly Live Mocks for SSC CHSL 2017/CGL2018
SSC MTS Exam: Tips & Strategy Of English Section.SSC MTS exam is going to be conducted on 16th April,30th April and 5thMay 2017 and English is going to fetch you 50 marks which makes it very-very important. In this article, we will discuss topic wise marks distribution of English section in SSC MTS exam, based on previous year’s papers analysis which will make easier for you to manage your time and what to focus more.
Many students have phobia of English because most of us are from Hindi medium schools and are not able to score well in English section. Do not panic because we are going to help you with your phobia thing soon and you are going to overcome it definitely. Just follow a routine and correct approach to learn English and score maximum marks in your exam. Focus on the topics which are going to fetch more marks in your exam.
Topic Wise Distribution Of Marks in SSC MTS Exam
- Idiom and Phrases- 3 questions
- Sentence Improvement-5 questions
- One Word Substitution-5 questions
- Spelling Correction-6 questions
- Reading Comprehension-5 questions
- Spotting error- 10 questions
- Fill in the blanks-10 questions
- Antonyms- 3 questions
- Synonyms- 3 questions
Let’s Start: How to master above topics For SSC MTS Exam
Let’s discuss each topic in detail and find a way to score maximum in each section.
Idiom and Phrases
- Most students are tensed to prepare this topic because there are so many idioms and phrases and it’s not possible to remember them all. If you just read those idioms and phrases which are asked in previous year exams of SSC and there are fair chances that you will get questions from those only. All the Previous year questions are updated on the gradeup app. You need to practice from quizzes which provide on daily basis. Trust me you will not get a single question out of this.
Example: The son wants to purchase a new car but his father is dragging his feet.
Answer: Here dragging his feet is an idiom which means acting in a slow and hesitant manner.
- For this section your basics of grammar should be strong because sentence improvement is generally based on tenses, noun, pronoun, verb, adverb, adjective, articles, gerund, participle.
- Just read a good English newspaper and whenever you find a sentence, try to find its parts of speech. If you able to locate parts of speech in a sentence correctly then there are fair chances to score full in this section.
One word substitution
- One word substitution is totally based on your vocabulary. Newspaper really helps in improving vocabulary. Read editorial page of any good English newspaper and explore new words. Try to search them in dictionary and use them in communication. This is the best way to improve your English and score well in one word substitution.
Example: A place where money is coined?
- Spelling correction again is based on vocabulary which needs lot of practice.You can follow the link given below and read the notes given in grade up.you will memories correct spellings of frequently asked words in your exam if you practice daily.
- As the name suggests you need to do a lot of reading to crack this section. Most of the students score full marks in this section because one paragraph is already given in the exam and you need to find answers of questions from that paragraph itself. Make a daily reading habit and trust me you will score full in this section.
- 10 questions are asked from this section which make it very-very important.Grammar is the key to crack this section as well. Start from today itself as you are left with just 2-3 months.Start reading Plinth To Paramount and practice more and more questions.Try to find what kind of questions were asked in previous year’s exam.