STATE ALLOCATION RULES FOR POSTAL ASSISTANT/SORTING ASSISTANT
It is to inform that as per revised notified recruitment Rules, 2015, the appointment of all cadre of Postal Assistant against the vacancies to be filled up through direct recruitment will be through Staff Selection Commission by conducting the examination. The candidates may be allocated to various Postal Circles by this Department keeping in view the following criteria which are based on the rank of the candidates as well as availability of the vacancy befitting the category of UR/OBC/SC/ST and giving preference to women candidates over male candidates.
1. Circle in which their hometown is situated provided women candidates shall be adjusted first under this-criterion.
3. Nearest state (for women candidates only).
4. Neighboring state i.e. the states sharing boundary in alphabetical order (for male candidates).
5. State from where the candidate appeared for examination provided women candidates shall be adjusted first under this criterion.
6. Against remaining vacancies in Postal Circles (in alphabetical order) provided women candidates shall be adjusted first under this criterion.