RPSC RAS Prelims Preparation: Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC) conducts Rajasthan Administrative Services (RAS) exam which is one of the finest recruitment processes of the State Government. Owing to the difficulty of the RPSC RAS exam, we are here to help you with the preparation of the exam. In this article, we will discuss in detail about the significant sections of the syllabus that you need to shift your focus on.
Various positions in the government sector department like Deputy Secretary, Joint Secretary, Deputy Commissioner, Special Secretary, Head of Department, Additional District Magistrate, Principal Secretary and Chief Secretary come under the jurisdiction of the RAS committee.
There are two levels that you have to clear in order to clear the exam,
- Preliminary Examination
- Mains Examination
The preliminary exam is due to be conducted on 28 August 2016.
Some important points to be noted about the Eligibility, Pattern of the exam and Exam Structure are as follows,
- The age limit to appear for the exam is 21 to 35 years.
- The candidate must hold a degree of any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India.
- The exam will be objective type in nature.
- The maximum number if marks for the exam is 200.
- The total number of questions in the exam is 150.
- The total time allotted for the exam is 3 hours.
- One-third of the total marks allotted for a particular question will be deducted in case of wrong answers.
The preliminary examination will basically serve as a screening test and will act as a qualifying paper for mains examination.
To crack the Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC) Rajasthan Administrative Services (RAS) exam i.e RPSC RAS exam, you need to understand the exam pattern very carefully. So let us discuss the exam pattern before we go any further.
Exam Pattern of RPSC RAS Prelims 2016
|General Knowledge and General Science||200||3 Hours|
The topics included under these subjects are as follows:
- History, Art, Culture, Literature, Tradition & Heritage of Rajasthan
- Indian History (Ancient, Medieval and Modern)
- Geography of World and India
- Indian Constitution, Political System & Governance
- Economic Concepts and Indian Economy
- Reasoning and Mental Ability
- Current Affairs
Now further these topics are segregated into sub-topics that need special attention.
RPSC RAS Prelims Preparation & Tips to Crack
Here, we will analyze the topics that are important and their respective weightage that will help you through the exam as the syllabus for administrative exams is very vast.
Memorising the entire content is a big task. A candidate can learn a lot if he has proper idea of the topics that are important.
RAS Prelims Preparation: Geography of World and India
- The maximum number of questions were asked from this section out of which maximum were about the geography of Rajasthan. Pay more attention to this topic since it is a state level exam. More questions are expected to be related to Rajasthan.
- There were also a remarkable number of questions from the agriculture section. So, it becomes evident from here that these topics must be prepared with utmost dedication as a good number of questions are asked straight from here. Indian geography and world geography are the other two topics from which rest of the questions were put up.
- So, according to the above analysis geography is most important section in the preliminary exam. Owing to the vastness of the subject, you should pay more attention to the topics mentioned above as the chances of questions to appear from them are fairly more. But do not forget to review the other topics as well because you can never be sure of what can be asked.
RAS Prelims Preparation: Indian Constitution, Political System & Governance
- A number of questions are generally asked from this topic that are not Rajasthan specific. So remember to pay attention to all the states apart from Rajasthan.
- You must have a thorough knowledge about the Political and Administrative System of India.
- Knowledge about the Indian Constitution and its development is also very important.
RAS Prelims Preparation: History, Arts and Culture
- History and Culture of Rajasthan is very important as most of the questions under this topic are limited to the state.
- Don’t go very deep into the Indian History but do not ignore it as well.
- Try to gain information about Rajasthani culture and traditions, leading personalities of Rajasthan as well as important tourist places.
- This section is also important as per weightage in the entire examination as per analysis of previous year’s papers.
Other topics that are significant are Reasoning and Mental Ability, Science and Tech., Indian Economy and Economy of Rajasthan and Current Affairs. You need to be up to date with these subjects. Reasoning and mental ability demand a lot of practice, so you have to concentrate on them along with preparing for the theoretical part.
Since the preliminary exam in particular is a test of endurance, candidate must prepare on the physical as well as mental level. Since it an objective type exam you need to plan and work according to a strategy. We will discuss some tips here that will surely help you qualify for the mains
- It is better to use diagrams and link words which make it easier to understand difficult concepts.
- A separate time slot should be given to doing not only regular but multiple revisions like daily, weekly, monthly etc.
- Try and solve previous year’s question papers as it helps you understand that which topics are relevant to the exam. IT will help you filter out significant topics from the huge syllabus.
- Instead of cramming up all the information and forgetting everything in the end its better to clear your concepts and then proceed any further.
- Both speed and accuracy play a crucial role in the overall time management which is the most important factor in this exam. So, whenever you solve previous year’s test papers always keep a track of time. This will help you test your progress.
- Try to stay updated in all fields and you can also refer to Class 11 and 12 NCERT books for topics like history, economy and polity. It is simple in language and help you to understand the subject better.
- Lay special emphasis on Rajasthan in all the topics as this is a state-based administrative exam.
Subsequently, if you follow these points, you can definitely attain good marks. Try to focus your attention towards qualifying and motivate yourself because if you clear the prelims only then you will be able to appear for the mains. Hope this article helps you to achieve the same. We wish you good luck for the forthcoming RPSC RAS Preliminary Examination.Click here to join our Facebook Group for SSC Preparation, latest News and Discussion