Tricks to Solve Parajumbles with 100% efficiency

Hello Friends,
Para jumbles can be considered as  jumbled  paragraphs. You must have played connecting-the-dots game in your childhood, the concept for para jumbles is similar to connecting the dots. All you need to focus upon for parajumles is coherent paragraphs which would come logically connect and make sense. It is similar to jigsaw puzzle, you just need to sort and arrange.

If you follow the below given tricks and tools then I assure you of 100% accuracy even if you are not a good reader.
Tip 1 :-
>> Look for the TRANSITION WORDS .
Transition words are used to connect one idea to the next. They facilitate the reader to flow more smoothly from one point to the next. Carefully observing the transition words will give you a clue of sentence that leads or follows the sentence containing transition word .
Some of the most important transition words to observe are :
also, again, as well as,
besides, furthermore, in addition,
likewise, moreover, similarly, consequently, 
hence, otherwise, subsequently, therefore,
 thus, as a rule, generally, for instance, for example, for one thing, above all, aside from, barring, besides, in other words, in short, instead, likewise, on one hand, on the other hand, rather, similarly, yet, but, however, still, nevertheless, first of all, to begin with, at the same time, for now, for the time being, in time, later on, meanwhile, next, then, soon, the meantime, later, while, earlier, simultaneously, afterward, in conclusion, with this in mind, after all, all in all to sum-up.  
Tip 2 :- Understand Chronology
>> In some questions the events mentioned in the paragraph can be arranged in a chronological order and logically construct a paragraph. The timeline may be in hours frame, years months or simply constructed using transition words.
Example :
A: Alexander Bain, Scottish clockmaker, patented the electric clock.
B: The next development in accuracy occurred after 1656 with the invention of the pendulum clock.
C: Clocks have played an important role in man’s history.
D: Spring-driven clocks appeared during the 15th century, although they are often erroneously credited to Nuremberg watchmaker Peter Henlen around 1511.
It is very evident that maintaining chronological order you can arrive to the answer.
Tip 3 :- Look for short forms and abbreviations
>> This trick is very useful in paragraphs in which both short form or abbreviations and full name are given. For example ONGC –used as– Oil and Natural Gas Corporation, Charles Dickens –used as– Dickens, Dr Manmohan Singh –used as– Dr Singh. 
In these cases where both the full form as well as the abbreviation is present in different sentences, then the sentence containing the full form will obviously come before the sentence containing the abbreviation.
Example :
A:”We have resumed drilling in Bengal a few days back at Ladhi near Malda. We have identified another area at Daulatpur in the northern part of the state”, ONGC sources told PTI here.
B:Of the eleven wells, five would be taken up in partnership with Oil India Ltd.
C:After a gap of eight years, state-owned explorer Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) has resumed drilling in West Bengal and the company would take up drilling of 11 exploratory wells.
D: OIL would share 25% cost while remaining 75% would be borne by ONGC, they said.
Follow the same trick and lool for the abbreviations, they will always follow their full form.
Answer to this question is :- CABD
Tip 4 :- Ideas follow examples and General follows Specific example.
>> In a paragraph containing an idea and an example the idea is always followed by example.Similarly in every case the General is followed by Specific.
Example :
A: It is the language of survivors, of conquerors, of laughter.
B: It tells you where its people come from and where they are going.
C: Language is the road map of a culture.
D: A study of the English language reveals a dramatic history and astonishing versatility.
As we see in this case the author initiates citing keyword Language, he then follows it by making it more specific by giving example of English.
Tip 5:- Look for Cause and effect.
Look for words or phrases explicitly indicating that one thing causes another or logically determines another.
in order to
Cick here to Attempt Free Weekly Live Mocks for SSC CHSL 2017/CGL2018

Leave a Reply