We are sharing Job experience of Harendra Tiwari Sir who is posted as Assistant in MEA
If anybody want to go or can go abroad, then nothing is like MEA.
I hv completed my probation recently on 10 Dec. My 2 year experience in MEA is so awesome that even i m thinking 1000 times to go anywhere like in ITI 2013 and Examiner 2014 (sry koi 1 seat kharab jayegi). IT and Examiners guys dont take it either way.
My office is in South block, a historic building nearby PMO & most soughted, VVIP area of the country, many famous faces we see every day and many foreign tourists come here everyday on tour. it gives feels like NAYANSOOKH (Irrelevant point:P). coming to the point
My personal view for MEA is like:
1. The best one is Foreign posting, where an asstt. gets a handsome salary i.e. Rs.160,000- 1,80,000 that will become Rs.180000-230000/- p.m. after 7th pay commission, varies country to country or wo b FREE of INCOME TAX 🙂
2. provides a good exposure in society, locality, Education of children in abroad on the account of govt.
3. facility to get a high level procurement in foreign to the official and his/her dependents is very POSITIVE point or wo b free of cost, accommodatio, free child education.
4. anyone interested can visit many of the countries of the world during the abroad posting.
5. temporary duty for some days to any country with VVIP delegation like i went Nepal in 2014 in SAARC summit with PM delegation.
6. In every govt. nd reputated govt. university/institutes/School/even in AIIMS through PMT, there are some small quota only for MEA officials.
7. one can see the real work of govt. practically and ofcorse he/she will be the part of it.
8. now u can say Asstt. section officer…not so imp. point..naam me kya rakha h.
9. it is easier for a genuine candidate to crack UPSC rather than deployed to any other dept. (personal opinion).
10. MEA hv its separate quarter, so one can get quarter maximum in one and half year.
11. any Jugadu banda/bandi can go to his/her State RPO office on deputation for a tenure of max. 5 years.
1. Social life will be cut when u go abroad for 3 years..u could be in touch by Internet only…pata nahi chalta kis relative ki shadi ho gyi..bacche kb ho gye
2. sometimes it creats problem for childs as that child hv to survive in diff. culture,society when in abroad or when in India.
3. Marriage: Boys can handle the situation if married to some MEA girl or non-job girl BUT what about girls?? MEA wali girls bina job wale se kregi nahi (Dignity)..and job wale se kre to they hv to do it only in MEA otherwise other job wala bandi k sath posting nahi ja payega (again dignity).
PS: I hv written here what i saw, feel in two years. 10% views can vary person to person, but 90% are like universal truth 😛